Originally Posted by CP
To this point in time, I have enjoyed phenomenal out-of-the-box performance from all of the Tikkas I have owned and been around. However, from a number of other firearm forums, there are numerous accounts of the T3x not performing as well as the T3. I have no idea if these accounts are statistically significant or just an over representation of normal production anomalies found in all products. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to follow this saga and learn if Will Rogers was right again-"if ain't broke don't fix it". CP.

Absolutely, aluminum costs more than steel yet many were convinced Tikka was somehow trying to save money? You will never find a steel recoil lug in any of my tikka's.

In the future the original tikka action with the small ejection port is going to be sought after by those interested in building a gun that will stack em.

I very seriously doubt that the new designed T3X that is a result of consumer request will ever shoot as well as the original. I fully expect to see a long list of complaints in the future.

A person could always install an aluminum recoil lug but you will still have the compromised action.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field