Originally Posted by colodog
I remember a line of Imperial Magnum Cartridges advertised in gun rags of some years ago.

colodog;
Good afternoon sir, hopefully this finds you well.

On the Imperial Magnum line, I knew/know the founder/designer of the line Aubrey White well enough to chat with him every year at the local gun show and he remembers me and I used to know him better at the inception of the Imperial Magnum days.

If memory serves the rifles were mostly Sako actions, McLennan barrels and McMillan stocks. They were put together by Knobe Uno (sp?) who did top shelf work anytime I saw it.

For folks interested in Cooey history, here's decent link that gives the cliff notes.
http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?180-A-Canadian-Heritage-Cooey-Firearms

The folks in Coburg had a deal with Mossberg for awhile too where they made 500 series pump shotguns. They're stamped "Lakefield-Mossberg 500AB" mostly, though there is a "B" too if memory serves. There was a 400 series too now that I think about it - can't for the life of me recall the differences right off now though.

I want to say Para Ordnance pistols started out up here but now I see they're made south of the medicine line.

There are some smaller manufacturers making up 700 clone and AR type actions up here too. I hear good things about both, but don't recall holding either one personally.

Anyway if any others come to mind I'll add them too, but that's it for right now.

Hopefully that was useful for someone out there tonight. All the best to you all this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"