wabigoon;
Good evening to you sir and thanks kindly for the positive feedback. grin

I believe you know that I'm a fan of Cooey arms and if pressed might be able to cogitate how many I've owned over the years, but it'd take some doing as I've had a couple or three.

A good friend is in the process of amassing a collection of Cooey and/or Winchester Cooey single shot shotguns now.

His latest is marked "Sureshot" which was the Eaton's house brand and it's in incredible shape. The case hardening looks 95% on it.

The holy grail of Cooey shotguns is a 28 gauge - we've only seen photos so far.... frown

I've had a Lakefield-Mossberg 500AB for 42 years now - maybe 43 actually - and it's been reliable enough that when I went out looking for a bear repellent arm for our daughter and her husband I sought out another one as a basis for that build.

They - Cooey again - made some really neat and relatively rare .22 rimfire rifles when the partnership with Winchester was going. One was the Model 490, which looked like a miniature Model 100.

Here's a youtube video describing them at about the 7 minute mark.
[video:youtube]ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjdBqpHxXZM[/video]

Anyway sir, thanks again for the kindness you've continuously shown me, I do appreciate it.

All the best to you and yours this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"