Well Sir, I can't pronounce your name, it must be foreign <grin>

I hope to at least point you in the right direction. The State of Arkansas had it's first case of CWD confirmed Feb, 2016. An elk was killed during a legal hunt in Oct 2015. Last year I searched a fair amount on the subject and I'll share a little of what I remember and know. Shortly I'll give you info on where & how to find out more than I know.

In YOUR case, CWD started somewhere... From what scientist say the "prions" that cause or carry CWD can live in the soil for many years. So---killing the whole herd will NOT guarantee the eradication of CWD in your area.

First I suggest that you 'google' CWD. I found 10 pages of links dealing with the disease.

Second, 'google' CWD Arkansas' First Case. Some of the info there is in the FIRST search. Again 10 pages of links.

Among all that info I found info about Norway's CWD last year during my search.

Per - Norway's CWD I read a scientist who said there IS a strain of CWD that 'humans' may contact. Please pardon my memory failures but the title of that particular strain was "Crutchfeld....." something. Again sorry.

Back to Arkansas' results, SO FAR our CWD is NOT Statewide. The AGFC (Arkansas Game & Fish Commission) has a 10 (ten) county area identified and 5 (five) of those counties being the core. I can't remember exactly but the number of CWD cases positively identified is in the vicinity of 100 or so animals, deer & elk combined.

Somewhere I found a map of the USA showing where CWD has been found. NO WHERE - NO WHERE it has been found has it been eradicated. Sorry but that's the bottom line.

I hope this helps and wish I could do more.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 05/12/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!