How did CWD come to Norway? Well there has been some speculations, but the report (see the link in my first post, it's in english) says:"The opinion concluded that the origin and time of introduction of CWD agents in Norway are unknown" The report says it's unlikely from mad cow disease or scrapie, but they really don't know. In the beginning they talked about possibly urine from US, but now they don't talk about that anymore. In an interview after this report was made one of the leading researchers said that since many people travel to America that could be one possible reason, perhaps one hunter getting prions under his boots, but he admitted he really don't know. To make it short: The same theories of origin has been debated in Norway and in the US, but here they could also say it came from another country since it has been documented in America first. I'am sure americans would say the same if it was first documented here. But the truth is, we really don't know.

I want to hear your experience with CWD, does it affect you or/and your hunting in anyway? Are people afraid the deer and elk herds can decimated in the future? To me it look like people in for example Michigan are more worried than in Wyoming, perhaps because it is relatively new there.?

If you have time take a look at this report http://www.vkm.no/dav/66fc31f0ba.pdf