I stood less than 2 feet from a female grizzly with 2 cubs, with no rifle and just an Old Timer pocket knife in my pocket for self defense and got away without a scratch.

Survived a creek ride on my old Suzuki 4 wheeler, twice, while riding up the Ferry Trail. The 2nd time it flipped over with me under it and it snapped the stock on my rifle at the grip. I managed to get out from under it and pulled it back on shore into the trees. Next morning my pard and I were camped 100 yards from the creek, walked down to retrieve my machine and 3 hunters on wheelers had pulled it across for me. One had a huge caribou bull skull w/antlers strapped on his meat trailer, I asked him where he got it and he told me he found it 5 feet from my machine, buried under a mound of dirt, leaves, and bear scat. It was so dark the night before I had no idea that caribou was buried there.

Lost my wedding ring in the Copper River while dipping for reds, good thing I had caught my limit of 25, otherwise the pain from losing that ring would have been unbearable.

Ate dog at a party in the Philippines and had no idea it was dog until one of the party hosts brought out the skull afterwards. It was good but I'll never eat it again if I can help it.

Came face to face with a huge banana spider while golfing on Okinawa. It had a web stretched out between 2 palm trees and I almost walked right into it trying to find a lost golf ball.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead