wabigoon;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this finds you and yours well on the second Saturday in May.

Personally from travelling a wee bit abroad and a fair bit into the western US - and a couple times to Hawaii too I guess - have found that the red maple leaf is the most recognized symbol. That is to say folks other than Canucks recognize it first/most.

After that I'd suggest that the RCMP in red serge full dress uniform would be a close second.

Out west here photos of the mountains or rolling fields of grain are sometimes recognized as being Canadian, but then I've seen equally majestic mountains stateside and truly big grain fields are found on either side of the medicine line, so I can't really consider them as "Canadian" if that makes sense?

Anyway sir, those are the quick thoughts on the way out the door this morning, though I should add that Ed's unfortunate experience with the ketchup and cheese whiz cook thankfully is an unusual aberration in my experience. Cheese whiz AND ketchup together.... eek

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"