Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
Hard to argue against a G19...

Just wish more people would try the 17 before jumping on the 19 bandwagon. I have both, and never opt for the 19. When the rare circumstance occasionally arises where I feel like the 17 has too high a print chance, I go for the 43 rather than the, only slightly more compact, Model 19. Reason being that I can noticeably shoot the 17 better, its concealment characteristics are just a hair inferior to the 19 (and will therefore never make a difference in the real world), and it carries just as well as the 19 (says I), so why give up improved handling and higher capacity for a handgun that's hardly noticeably more compact?

It wasn't that long ago that you didn't understand why somebody would even want a Glock. Maybe all these people that you don't understand know what they're talking about.

Tons of truth in this reply and an added bonus is he can forgo vaccum sealing it when he showers.

Let's see the G19 is likely the best selling handgun by volume for the past 20 years but somehow the g17 is now "better", I've yet to see anyone with a reasonable resume suggest the g17 over the g19 for a ccw piece. For a pure range toy or match gun where concealment isn't an issue then the g17 would likely win, oh but wait it pales for that role compared to what one gets in the g34.

I currently have all 3 and the g17 is shot the least of all despite it being a great pistol, it just doesn't fit any one role better then another. Hell outside of the long slide versions my old g30 shot as well as any of them which is consistent with a great many reviews of the g30.