Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
While I love the g19, I sort of agree with you, I have a few g17s and I really like them. No complaints atall. One of my first guns ever was a first generation g17, I had no idea at the time what I had, I got it at a gunshow and didnt know much about guns, I shot it a bit and carried it while elk hunting, all I had at the time was the g17 and a remington 700 in 270. I never really looked at guns much in those days because I hadnt yet made any money, I figured I had a rifle that always handled elk every year and a nice pistol.

Fast forward a decade, I found out what i had was a semi-rare 1st generation g17. Lot of people have tried to buy it from me over the years but Ive always held on to it. Ive ince added a gen3 rtf2 and lots of other glocks but Ill always keep my 17s.
I like the 17 so much, I own two identical gen 4s. I always believed if you liked something a lot, you need to own two of them, just in case.

I had two 19s, but recently sold one of them. I guess I'll keep the other, just because. So far, I have yet to find a niche for the 19. The 17 gets the daily carry nod, and the 43 is brought to service in the rare case the 17 is too hard to perfectly hide. I have no business keeping even the one 19, and may eventually find myself without it.