I'll explain why it caught my eye and I became curious about it.

Every year I bow hunt for moose in my home state of Alaska. I use one of my company's recurve bows. Lots of grizzlies are around so I'm also carrying a very large revolver on the belt of my backpack. Every day I leave camp with a recurve bow in my hand and about 25-30# of gear in my backpack (extra clothing, water, spotting scope & tripod, food, game bags, knives, saws, cameras, trekking poles, light-weight block & tackle, etc). With some regularity I run across either a spruce grouse or occasionally a ruffed grouse. Sometimes a snowshoe hare. It's nice to add one of those to the larder as an alternative to freeze-dried food during a 14-day hunt. In addition to all the other stuff I'm already carrying I own and carry a S&W 317 with Crimson Trace laser grip for potting the occasional grouse. I'm reasonably good with it out to 10-15 yards. What I don't like about it is the fact that it's pretty loud, even with CCI CB ammo. Since we're often in close proximity to a bull it's in my best interest to have a very small/indistinct sound footprint. However, as everyone knows that same load in a longer barrel is much quieter. I'm not hunting out of a car or off of a 4-wheeler. The nearest road is well over 100 miles away. We fly into our hunting location in SuperCubs where weight and bulk are both extremely limited and extremely expensive. I'm already carrying all (and more) than I want to carry each day when I leave camp, so the notion of adding a few more pounds in the form of a "normal" 22LR rifle is completely unappealing. The reason I'm walking through the woods is to hunt moose quietly, not to hunt birds or rabbits with a 22. For that there are plenty of good options.

The intended purpose of this little rifle, if I understand it properly, might fit perfectly in with my potential use - a very light-weight way to pot the occasional grouse or rabbit quietly. No one ever said this little thing was intended to be used as the primary hunting rifle on a 22LR hunting trip. Certainly the website says that's definitely not what it's intended purpose is. Everyone who says they'd rather hunt with their favorite 22LR rifle is missing the point.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting bit of kit and wondered if anyone had any first-hand experience with one.