To all subscribers to our quarterly on-line magazine, RIFLE LOONY NEWS, the latest issue is now posted, so they can "pick it up on" riflesandrecipes.com.

My stuff includes feature articles on what to include in handloading notes, prairie dog hunting (not just rifles and shooting, but techniques to take more PD's), and my primary test-rifle for scopes, a super-accurate Heym SR-21 in .300 Winchester Magnum. There'll also a "Handloading Hints" column about decoppering agents in smokeless powders. "Rifle Loony Lit" will look at famous zoologist William T. Hornady's first book, 1885's TWO YEARS IN THE JUNGLE: the Experiences of a Hunter and Naturalist in India, Ceylon, the Malay Peninsula and Borneo--when Hornady hunted extensively for many species, including the wild ox called gaur, orangutans(!) and Asian elephants.

Eileen opening "What's Up?" article is, typically, about several things, but primarily a real adventure with rejuvenating cast-iron frying pans. Her "Good Eats" column on game recipes is about 10-Minute Mexican pizzas with fresh venison chorizo, and since hunters do not live by meat alone, her "Cookie Corner" is about cheescake dipped in butterscotch and salted nuts.

And there's a lot more!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck