I don't like 29 caliber.
Neither does anyone else!
In fact it's so unpopular the factories don't make it.

Humor aside, caliber and cartridges are purpose driven. In some cases they come up short of the desired performance level of the purpose they were designed for, but they are things, having no mind of their own.
The problem with being purpose driven is that the more specialized one gets, the less it can cover other bases as well.

A 50 BMG is an outstanding long range heavy hitter and a wonderful tool for destroying things too tough for normal sized cartridges to destroy as well. But it's not so good for a general purpose hunting rifle. A bit heavy for most of us, don't you think? I have no desire to own such a large heavy weapon, but I can't really say "I don't like it". I only say I have no personal reason to buy one.

The 3mm Kolibri was purpose driven too. It was to fit into an auto pistol that is less then 2" overall 7/16" wide and weighed only 4 OZ.
It developed about 3 foot pounds. So if the purpose was to fit into a gun of 4 Oz, it was a total success. But if the questions asked "what's this gun for" we have a bit more trouble with an answer. The real answer is "to be small". "Personal protection" doesn't really make a good answer. A small pocket knife is deadlier.

When someone "doesn't like" a cartridge it's because the cartridge doesn't do what they want it to do, or at least they believe it doesn't do what they want it to do.

Like and dislike are human traits based on opinion, Every one has one.
Sometimes they are based of truth and sometimes not. But if you don't like something and it is a good thing, you still don't like it and because we are spending our own money and we buy these things to enjoy we should not buy something we will not enjoy. Like a mushroom and cheese omelet, some like them, some don't. The Omelet itself is neither good not bad.

I have to say liking something is the best reason to own it. Disliking it is the best reason not to.

Last edited by szihn; 05/16/17.