Originally Posted by las
Lets throw in brands and bullets as well, just for the heck of it.

For me, I don't like Wby calibers or guns (I've repaired quite a few!). Too overhyped, over-heavy actions, over-flashy, over expensive, over powdered, for too little practical benefit.

I don't like Savage 110 or derivatives - gun-smithing mechanics,- tho I do like the head spacing thing and their general accuracy. The trigger mechanism sucks.

I don't like Sako actions - too many small [bleep] parts in the bolts, for too little benefit.

7MM Mag - .30-06 can do anything it can to 300 yards, and the 300 Mag better at all ranges. Besides, the only one I ever had kicked the living chit out of me - I sold it after a half-box. Sue me! But I would have bought that shop-customer - Husquavarna in a heartbeat tho - bastid wouldn't sell it... 5 rounds made one hole, and apparently the stock fit me just right...

Nosler Partitions - None of my rifles like them very well, "Adequate" for accuracy is all. C&C are better accuracy producers In my rifles.
And perfectly functional. No C&C has ever "failed" me. A 210 338WM NP has. But then, I've gone away from premiums anyway, for the most part. - Just not necessary if one picks his shot.

That said, I'm going to try Hornady's GMX Super Performance in 150, .30-06, just for grins. I've been using the SST's.

Consistancy is the mark of a small mind.... smile

Funny how we all view things that are the same, differently, at times.

I'm not pro or con wtby. Have a few. Never had anything bad to say about the rounds. None of mine have any flash.. and flash comes in various brands... never could figure why a hunter wanted gloss...

Savage. Ugly, cheap, accurate, trigger one can live with even me being a trigger snob, not what I like but sure suffice for most things.

Never had a sako.

One of the worst kicking guns I ever shot was a buddies 06... way worse than any 7 mag. Stock design has lots to do with this though.

Bullets... Barnes period for when it counts. I've never seen an issue with them. I"ve had issues with MANY cup and core, even partitions, being told wrong bullet for wrong use, but over and over again you got such non repeatable results....210 ttsx in 338-06 has done just fine in AK so far. I know I"ve gotten more penetration and same dead, as I would have with a 210 partition.

Now for my own comment, not vs yours, LOL, I hate the 270 Win.

Last edited by rost495; 05/16/17. Reason: new campfire posted before I could type.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....