I have both in 308. In factory form it is really close. With a Leupold in Talley Lightweight mounts on both the Kimber will weigh just a hair under 6 lbs. The EW in the factory stock will be almost 2 lbs more. I find the Kimber to be ALMOST too light, and the EW ALMOST too heavy but they are reasonable. Both have the potential for excellent accuracy, but the fact is that I shoot the EW slightly better.

I bought the Kimber 1st. The EW was an impulse buy when I found it used at an attractive price. I ran across an Edge stock in the classifieds here for the EW and after putting it on it has completely changed my perspective on the rifle. Weight is now 7 1/4 lbs which I find to be a perfect compromise between carryability and shootability.

But an EW+Edge stock is going to be a lot more expensive rifle than the Kimber. If a rifle slightly under 8 lbs scoped doesn't sound bad I'd lean toward EW as my 1st choice. You could change the stock later if you decide it is worth it.

I hunted with 30-06 since the early 1970's. Not a thing bad to say about the round, but after buying a 308 about 7-8 years ago none of the 30-06 rifles have gone hunting. If a 7-08 or 308 ain't big enough to kill it a 30-06 ain't enough bigger to matter. When you start shooting sub 8 lb rifles the difference in recoil offered by either of the '08's starts to make a difference.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.