Stra
Originally Posted by McInnis
I picked up my 4.25" model 69 yesterday. First thing was to get those ugly rubber grips off and replace them with a set of Ahrend's I already had. Then off the the range today.

I wish this had a happy ending, but I had three misfires out of 50 rounds. One of those rounds fired on the second try and the other two took two more tries. I sure didn't expect this, but maybe I should have. This is the second gun out of about the last five I've purchased that had light primer strikes. The other one was a Henry .45-70.

I use Winchester primers to reload for models 629, two 29s, 686, 586 and a 442 as well as a couple of Ruger revolvers. I guess I've used them for a couple of thousand rounds or probably more and can't remember one light primer strike.

I think it handles well and has a good trigger, with no visible defects. But I don't have much use for a gun that won't fire every time. Not sure if I'll keep it as a range gun or get rid of it. Maybe try another brand of primers, but it's gonna be hard to really trust it, unfortunately.

[Linked Image]

Strain screw tight? Screw on new grips not interfering with mainspring?

I'd check strain screw first and then put original grips on just for giggles.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"