Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
My dog is miserable and it doesn't seem to matter what we do we cannot rid him of fleas. He takes the Sentinel tabs for heartworms which are also supposed to kill fleas. We also use flea drops and he wears a flea collar and when we comb him nightly we get 8 to 10 fleas every night. Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if the fleas are resistant to the drugs and insecticides.

you may be getting them from roaming pets in your area.
i have at least one neighbor that lets their cats run willy-nilly over the neighborhood and spreads them everywhere.
one has to have the exterminator over regularly to have the house sprayed. the same neighbor keeps cat food out
in a dish in their backyard 24/7 and draws all kinds of vermin including big rats. i'm the only one that will treat for
fire ants and rats and other undesirable pests. at one time, the neighbor's cat food was drawing possums regularly.
i caught one a night for 2 weeks in a row. i should also mention the loose cats would come here and sit on the front
porch and leave a deposit of fleas. when i'd walk outside to pick up the newspaper, i'd get fleas all over my legs.
a good regular spraying and other things took care of that. i really don't care to contract any vermin-borne illnesses.