I have been using food grade diatomaceous earth on my dogs for years. This stuff is the Hammer of Thor for fleas and ticks. Kills 'em all in about 30 seconds. I am out on the road right now so can't see which brand I have been using.
You dust the dog down with this stuff and it is goodbye to fleas.
I also use that revolution stuff, once every six weeks, but if I find a tick or a flea on the dog I dust 'em up with the diatomaceous.

For flea control in the house, I use a baking pan with water and oil.
Fleas are attracted to light. In a dark room, at night, they will jump towards a light.
So make your living room dark. Plug a little night light into a receptacle a foot off the floor.
Get one of those baking pans, about 15 inches long 10 inches wide, sides 2 inches high. Put it below the light, on the floor.
Put an inch of water in the pan. Put two tablespoons of oil into the water.

All night long the dumb fleas will jump to the light, bounce off and land in the water, and drown in the oil.

This also gives you a census of your flea population. First night you may get 10 fleas.
After a week, you are only getting 5 fleas, you know you are getting somewhere.

I don't like chemical pesticides, I was made sick by the use of pesticides in the house when I was a kid, not gonna spray any Raid inside my house.