Originally Posted by AH64guy
If this is the model with the fast focus eyepiece, it was a PITA to keep it where I set it.

The AO was easy to adjust, but the eyepiece lacks the typical lock-ring of the Leupolds. I seemed to be moving it every day at some point, and chasing whether the AO was out of adjustment - or the eyepiece focus.

I though the eyebox was out of wack as well, but it was a minor one of several things I didn't like about mine.

I'm with you on that. I often encounter blank stares when I express that sentiment, but I suppose everyone wants what the Europeans are selling. I'll hang on to my scopes with locking ocular.

Originally Posted by hogan
The 4-12x is a very old Leupold design. Unless it has been updated it only has about 46moa of total elevation range. This means something like 20moa remaining if you zero at 100yds. Not much.

People keep buying them though.

I don't see why it's so hard for the younger set to understand that many of us have no interest in twisting turrets.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.