Thanks Rost.
Years ago, I used Punchcutters when they first came out. Worked great on whitetails as long as you didn't hit a bone. Saw huge potential problems and stories, used only 1 or 2 seasons.
I used Muzzys, Thunderheads, and Wasps for many years. I liked Wasps the best.
I never had any planing issues or bad grouping on my broadheads except one brand (I forget which) where the blades were solid instead of "skeletons".

Quit bowhunting for 7 or8 years due to shoulder issues, had surgery on both shoulders, and started back when my daughter turned 18.
Her boyfriend convinced me to use Rages. I've had no problems with them, all worked well............ but planning to go back to fixed this year.
No problems, but they are a hassle.

You are correct about anxiousness about this issue.
but I've only known about the PH recommendation for a few weeks.
Purchased some Muzzys immediately and down the path I went until I found out what was really wrong.
If I had known about the "no mechanicals", I would have shot them sooner.

Ravin said they had 2 manufacturers making their arrows. Gold Tip was the company's arrows I got and it's the ones they had problems with.

A couple weird things.
1. using field points- every arrow would touch at 20 yards even ones with torn or crinkled fletch.
2. Marked the arrows and shot with fixed blades repeatedly. Each arrow shot in the same hole it shot into before, with each one having it's own unique impact point.
3. Switched brand of fixed blade and they shot into the same hole that individual arrow shot into with the other brand blade. (this surprised me most)

I think this tells me when I get the good arrows this week, both blades will shoot very well and exactly the same.

If I believed in luck, I'd cross my fingers, toes, and eyes while waiting for my new arrows.

In the end, if it's not resolved, we both will be carrying our own rifles also.

Last edited by rphguy; 05/23/17.