Originally Posted by Raeford
Flying 'out' of Dare Co? Or to? Is there a base there? Never knew if there is[spent summers at Kitty Hawk and Suffolk as a kid].

" I flew many of those routes but usually at 500 kts" Lost me here as I know nothing[it's apparent] about any of this.
Sometimes they're moving like a bat outta hell, and others it's like slow-mo.
Thanks

NAS Oceana, MCAS Beaufort, NAF Andrews, MCAS Cherry Point, Shaw AFB, Langly AFB are primary users but with tanking it could be anyone from across the country. There's no usable tactical airfield at Dare.

Dare County is a target range so we would fly a low level training route simulating an attack route, often with F-14's F/A-18's and A-6's. There are mobile surface to air missile sites with radars on the range and we would simulate HARM missile shots against them, the targets would be defended by Aggressor aircraft out of NAS Oceana and then the bombers would attack targets on the range and get feedback on accuracy from the range masters.

http://www.seymourjohnson.af.mil/Ne...range-unveils-new-urban-target-facility/

For Navy Strikes we usually flew the routes at 200-500' above the ground, depending on route restrictions and fuel burn at 420-500 kts of ground speed to arrive at the target +/- 2 seconds from the planned time on target. This was done at night and in all weather, although usually with less aircraft at night.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated