Originally Posted by milespatton
Federal overreach keeps on growing. I got a letter from the Game and Fish that it is time to renew the Registration on my pontoon boat. Feds now require a printed picture or a pencil rub of the serial number before it can be renewed. I have yet to find the number on this old boat, made back in the 1960's. I have had it registered and have the title from when I bought it but that is not enough. I talked to the woman at the Revenue office and She gave me a number to call at the Game and Fish, and said they would tell me where to look, to find the number, and if I could not they would send a person out to help. I told the Woman where I picked up proof of Personal Property assessment (required) that I figured at least 3 trips to the Revenue office before I got it registered, and She laughed and agreed. miles
It's the Coast Guard that's now requiring a hull number. I had to register mine but it didn't take a photo. I just wrote it down and entered it on an Idaho DMV online form. Quick and simple. They said that if there's no number to contact them to have one assigned and they tell you how to attach it to the boat.
It sounds like AR is doing it differently than ID is even though it's a federal thing.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.