Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The problem with strike on box matches is that the box wears out when 2/3 of the matches are left. Does anyone sell a striker that will light them instead of the box? I'd buy several if I could find them.

The current strike anywhere matches are a joke. They won't. I don't care if the junkies poison themselves making meth from matches. Why should the rest of us suffer because they're idiots? I want our good matches back.

I too have wondered where the "strike-anywhere" matches of old have gone. I even tried contacting Jarden home brands (owner of blue diamond match) pointing out that they are selling a "strike-anywhere" match that barely lights using the box and got a boilerplate "We have shared your concern with our Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Teams". I was also unable to determine if they were being used for meth - maybe users crush up the match head and mix it. Like an American version of brown-brown. At any rate, the best way to light them is with a bic, so that's what i carry.