Originally Posted by smallcal
That is a different way of doing it! He cut the metal portion behind the trigger guard to fit in the military bottom metal (including front capture screw but not one on the back/rear), changed the inletting, installed the military bottom metal and fitted the BRNO floorplate to it.

It's a pretty significant modification, much more so to me than the recoil pad or bolt handle. If its just for shooting/hunting and you like it, go for it. If you want a collector that's not the one.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that actually (photo isn't from the best angle). That is a pretty significant alteration, and certainly does ruin the collector's value. Hmm. It would likely make a lovely hunting rifle, yes, but now I'm doubting whether it's worth what he's asking for it or not. Although I've seen plenty of stripped double square bridge actions go for what he's asking in my research, so getting a full, functional rifle out of it may be worth the investment for a build later, if I feel so inclined? Thoughts? Anybody think I should offer less on the grounds of the alterations?

And Mike, you're close. He's in west Glendale. Did you get to see the rifle in person, or just from these photos?