Back when I shot, Hoyt was my bow of choice. The shop I stopped into today said they don't carry them anymore and pointed me at Bear, and Mission as a bow I should look at without dumping a ton of money.
Heck back when I shot, a bow only had a 2" range of adjustment on the draw length. Now that seems that its a one size fits all.
Is there a brand or model I should look for? With my knowledge of bows from years ago, I feel like I brought a model T to a Nascar race.
The shop I stopped at are good guys and I would like to deal with them but if used is a better way to go, I just need to make sure whatever I buy will adjust out to my length of pull.
I know some of the new bows take modules to adjust out. That scares me a little, because I am so out of touch with today's bow technology I am not sure if I can get the correct module for a bow that is a few years old.

blairvt, can you give me some names to check out for these penny actions or point me in the right direction?

Oh and thank y'all for the input,
anything else I need to know or stay away from when looking for a bow, arrows, etc.?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....