Buy back? I have owned two different rifles three times! grin

The first was a Weatherby SS Vanguard 257 Weatherby, about 10 or 12 years ago I put it in a McMillan Sako classic stock. I called it Irish Spring, turquoise and medium green flame. Shamelessly stole the McM formula from Steelhead. It was an addictive thing. Although the stock grip didn't fit me that well and the action was gummy, elk really hated it! wink.

I would sell it, then some time later see it listed. With a photo attached to the sell ad, it's a hard rifle to miss! grin

It is gone now and will not be coming back, no desire.

[Linked Image]

The other is a pre-64 model 70 featherweight 30-06 I bought in about 1994. It was my main rifle for quite a few years, then of course I had the "better" custom rifle built so semi-retired it, and thought I didn't need it. Sold it. Dumbass. Managed to get it back, had it tuned up and put in a McM edge stock. Then somehow I was stupid enough to re-do the old don't need it so sell it phase, and did again!

Recently managed to get it back due to the generosity of the guy I sold it to, also coming up with something he wanted more helped out. wink. Anyway, I have it back and it is here forever. My "spare" rifle.

[Linked Image]

That brings up a different topic. How is it that absolute rock star first-rate hunting rifles can be replaced or relegated to spare status when it's impossible to get anything that works better? It's a sickness boys. smile

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.