RAC's report is excellent. Yes, there a many very fine kudu there.

I, too, was fortunate enough to have Besa as a tracker. Truly amazing what he can do. We had a blown stalk on a very large eland and commenced to tracking. We came to a small area so full of tracks that it looked like Times Square for the critters. Besa studied the tracks for a few minutes, put out his hands as if they were divining rods, then led us in the direction of what proved to be the same large eland we had seen. Amazing.

Besa is also quite a character, with a Puckish sense of humor.

I was there in late August, 2010, and there were a few snakes out. My PH said they were out a bit earlier than usual, due to the warmer-than-normal temps. Never saw one in camp, though. It wasn't an issue while hunting as Besa, of course, led the way, and would signal when there was a mamba in a clump of growth....we would simply walk around it. Only happened a few times and I felt quite safe with Besa leading the way.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell