Learned there have been a few changes domestically since last Fall when the nut job started shooting people in Ft. Lauderdale.

I have an aluminum case with multiple latches that has a rod the run through the latches and is secured and can be locked at one end. For years I've seen people flay around the world with such a rig, but leave the rod our and just attach a lock on one of the latches. Saves pulling the rod in and out at the counter to put the firearms declaration in it. So this weekend I made a trip to do some shooting, and went to the airport with 2 cases locked, but no rod.

It seems that the TSA and the airlines demand a lock on every single latch now. If I had the rod, the one lock would have been ok. TSA put a handful of little locks on my case, and I had TSA at the other end unlock them.

On another note, I get an over zealous Delta supervisor that wants me to put all the TSA locks on the case at the ticket counter. So I Open the case, put the declaration in , lock it up, and snap on all the little TSA locks. Then she tells me to open it back up, because nobody inspected the firearms to ensure they are unloaded. Uh, she told me to lock it up? I don't have the TSA key. So they get TSA to unlock it, and I open the cases, and she looks at the rifles without touching them and tells me to lock it up.

How does she know my rifles are unloaded? Would she even knows where to look? I could have had a round in the chamber or a full magazine. My point is that this check THINKS she was doing everything by the book, but wasn't. It takes a little patience to fly with guns these days.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo