Originally Posted by szihn
I believe I have to make a 9.3X57 for myself.
I own a 9.3X74R and I have a 9.3X62 in the works now. So I think I "need" one of each.

So I will be looking for a Mauser action, KAR length, in the future. Nothing special, but just a good sound action that I can customize and make my own. The .366 Bullets have impressed me with their performance on game. I think I need to soot as many big game animals as i can find the time for in the years I have left on this earth, and I think many will have to fall to 9.3S

I have about a dozen Husqvarna 9,3x57's including the M46, M46A, and M146. I like the looks of the M46A the best and find that the M46 and 46A being built on the Small Ring 96 action handle a lot better than the M146. As much as I love these rifles, shooting open sights is getting harder as I get older. So, somewhere along the line I ended up with an M46 barrel with excellent bore. I happened to have a Small Ring Mexican 98 action with a Lyman receiver sight. I did the logical thing and mated the barrel to the action and voila, sights I can see and an action that can handle a bit more pressure should I ever desire it. More importantly, it has all the gas handling qualities inherent in a 98 action.

I just need to stock it this summer and head to Texas in the Fall for some wholesale pig slaying. I have a stash of the older Prvi 285's with the rounder nose profile. these shoot and perform amazingly at the speeds the 57 is capable of.