Bullet construction and terminal ballistics has always been a hobby of mine. I have over 100 bullets that have been recovered from animals. Winchester Silvertips came about in 1940 and was a premium bullet for deep penetration. The originals had a nickel silver type alloy and are easily spotty because they are shiny. This tough cap extended all the way to the base of the bullet. About 1950 Winchester changed to the common aluminum cap we see today. This cap no longer went to the base of the bullet but extended about half the length of the bullet. About 1960 they shortened the cap again and it extended only to where the copper starts. From reports of experienced big game hunters, the results has been dismal to say the least. Report after report of bullets blowing up and failing to penetrate. The older Silvertips had good reviews but were only produced for 6 years. I have only seen a few power points recovered from game and they preformed good. However when you section both they appear to be of identical design and jacket thickness with the only difference is the cap on the silvertip. Still scratching my head on that. I am always puzzled by Remington Cor-Lokt fans. I used them quite often and they failed several times. Bullets coming apart and failing to penetrate. Other hunters like them. A small mule deer buck shot with a 270 Win and 130 grain Remington's saw the bullet blow up completely after 4" of penetration. I have what is left of the pieces in my collection. Range was in excess of 200 yards. Remington's round nose Cor-Lokt's have a far heavier jacket and have a good reputation. I can not figure why Remington has not been made to stop advertising them as having their core locked by a heavy midsection because it aint so. The never was much even in the older, heavier jacketed bullets. Since the early 1970's they have nothing like what they advertise.