Originally Posted by saddlesore
Not Llama Bob here,but I have had pretty much100% success rate fro the last 20+years and probably more.I have gone from a back country wall tent type hunt,to a camp at the trail head in my stock trailer and now with a small slide in pop up camper( age has caught up with me). I do hunt with two mules and ride in every day in the dark about 3 miles and don't hunt late afternoons. I usually hunt two elk seasons here in CO using a "A" and "B" tag.One of those being for a muzzle loader hunt, the other a center fire rifle hunt. Maybe since I hunt two seasons, it might not be qualified as 100% success ,but I do kill and elk every year and quite a few of those years ,I have killed two.One year CO permitted three tags and I filled all of them.
It is all about how hard you want to hunt. You do have to take a few years to figure out how to do it and how the elk react to other hunters.

I shoot both bulls and cows, lately more cows as they are better eating

The bad news is: the guy that hopes to be one of the 16%, doesn't realize that out of that 16% success ratio, probably 85% of those are the same hunters year after year. So 15% of 16% is about what the guy that hopes to walk into an elk and be lucky can expect to be successful. 15% of 16% is only 2.4% and that is what a guy can expect that just decides to go elk hunting, and that doesn't matter if he is in Colorado, Montana or Idaho.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.