Originally Posted by Dutch
Still worth reloading if you want a softer shooting load, or if you want to shoot hard shot. The promo loads don't exactly have the best quality components. I used to save more than that, but might still reload to get the better patterns.

Store bought stuff works alright as long as you find out what patterns well in your shotgun. You also want to keep speeds in sync with your timing as well. I also agree with you about reloading hard shot for some things, like money and meat shoots. Run what you brung, porch shoots, and smacking them hard when you are 80 yards off the trap house requires a pretty heavy/fast load running longshot too.... Chances are, you aren't going to be bringing home the bacon, using store bought ammo at these events... However, for shooting singles and with selective purchasing, you can still buy stuff that smashes them pretty hard at the 27 yard line as well.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA