Originally Posted by leftybolt
Quote: "I can't get past the flimsy wrist on the Axis stock."

That is precisely why I suggested taking a little more time to save for a better quality rifle. Little things like that start to annoy you when you start to really handle a budget rifle. Wait 'til the piece of crap recoil pad tears on you (or just falls off completely).

As a Lefty(as you probably know already) caliber selection is also very limited.

Any particular reason you are dead set on 308 cal.?

As somebody else suggested 7mm-08 is a great caliber. Was a Tikka T3 Lite SS in 7mm-08 earlier today on Gunbroker.com for $579(buy it now). Somebody got a bargain cause its not there anymore. There are bargains out there on high quality guns if you pay attention and jump on them when you see them.

Leftybolt

I was a huge .30-06 fan. Must have owned 10 of them. I had a severe heart attack in November and as a left hand shooter it really effected me. I sold my Husqvarna S&W .30-06. A couple shots out of one of my 30-30's would cause me chest pain. I've now worked myself up to where I can shoot my .300 Savage several times without discomfort. I'm not ready to go back to the .30-06 (and I may not ever again) but I think I can manage a .308 and if I can't I know I can work my way up to it. That will then be my "big gun".