I've written this before on this website.

prior to 1999 100% of everything was taken home by hunters including additonal trinkets curious and art work in the crates.

Until about 2002-2004 fewer trophies were taken home, and way more Skull mounts were being shipped. Probably a 30% reduction in shipped trophies

From about 2005 to 2010 minimal trophes were shipped and often times only a single shoulder mount and a couple skull mounts. Looking at the records of trophies and hunters I would say at most 50% of the trophies taken where shipped.

After about 2013 til present more than 50% of the hunters take nothing but photo's home. This number increases every year too. I suspect in time it will stabilize and settle out at 30% or so. Maybe the shipping and dip pack folks are trying to earn the same income based on fewer customers today. The cost of this type of work has not gone up 10 times in the last 15 years, but the price sure has!

The advent of the digital camera with the instant gratification of a good quality photo 100% verified at the instant it was taken replaced much of the trophy expenses. It seems that the certainty of a great frame-able photo is replacing the expense of the mounted trophies. Time will tell, as stated above the 10 animal safari is less expensive including airfare then the 10 animals coming back from the taxidermy including the expenses to get them to the USA either as dried skins, or finished taxidermy.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)