I want to build a cheaper knock around gun to live in my truck for the most part. I kinda did that with my first AR but then gave it to my son as a gift.

Even though I plan on going pretty cheap I still want it to function reliably. Probably never do more than pull it out to shoot a rock or maybe at a pack of stray dogs pulling down a calf but if I ever had to stop and offer it to a cop in a situation or quell some mob uprising, I want it to shoot. smile

After reading Blue's post I am thinking I will use a BCM bcg and lpk and an ALG trigger or something similar. Other than that just phosphate and plastic. Any of you guys do this or think about what you'd use?

I have an A2 stock w/ buffer tube and all, set of back MBUS, charging handle and a few other items. Going to go with a 5.56 16" mid with a FSB, and military hand guard, who sells them cheap?

What's the bottom on where you draw the line for a lower and upper reciever? Like maybe Spikes or even Anderson?

I also thought about one of the minimalist stocks, but they seem to cost more, probably don't balance well either.

All thoughts and ideas welcome, I enjoy the logic behind the choices.