That PSA gun certainly fits what I want. With the parts I have I could build one for about 400 bucks, with shipping that's close to what the PSA sells. I also have the MOE rifle stock of magpul's, as well as the A2. A2 is a hair longer (which I like) but not any good place for a proctor sling. Rifle buffer and mid length gas should be nice.

But I enjoy the process too, since I purchased the tools to do it. Finding the stuff and getting packages like it's christmas is fun. Seems like it costs less if I just dish out 100 bucks here and there too. I'm not very worried about losing it although it would suck to think some POS got it and messed up my truck at the same time.

I really want to keep it simple even though my eyes are getting older. The 5.56 gun just beats a 94 lever gun in my book in several ways. Actually did catch a pack of dogs eating the ears off a cow back in the early 80's on the Odessa loop. Buddy just got one shot off with the 94, hit one in the hip or just in front in it's gut. They got lost in the desert quick although I'm sure he killed the one would have been nice to shoot a couple.

I'll look for the A2 upper and see what I think.