Originally Posted by cotis
Rost495, your experience definitely trumps internet conjecture. If you had to purchase a rifle, what would you choose based on price range? Say < 800, 800-1200, > 1200.

Sorry I can't answer. I wouldn't buy a rifle. I still have probably another 15 lowers somewhere in the safe.

I don't care what lower. I don't care what upper.
I do care what trigger, RRA Varmint for most non competition applications, yes I may even have to tune it a bit. Beyond that its going to Geiselle, Millazo or such.
Barrel I care very much about. If I care about barrel life I go cut only... buttons do NOT last as long.
Make mine floated. You pick how.
Give me an A1 or A2 stock, I've shot standard stocks so many years in competion, I need nothing else.

And a good set of internals... brand I could care less about, quality yes, likely why I've tried to buy all my LPK from White Oak, sans teh triggers....IE I"mnot paying for a mil spec crap trigger.

Any other bells and whistles are up to you. I can do just about anything I want with the above, and if I don't kill or win, its me, not the gun.

IF I were to buy guns just for.... I"d buy whatever is cheapest, and just go through the internals... a cheap gun with a newBCG and new LPK is still going to be cheaper than one of the brand name ones generally.

All of that said, if forced into a corner, I'd buy a colt first, trash the trigger for sure, and expect 1.25 or so MOA. And I might even be surprised.... this if I was forced to buy a gun I expected to not have to work on at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....