I had nothing going on at work today so I decided to extend my lunch a short while to swing by my LGS. Last time I was in there I saw an old savage 340 deluxe in .22 Hornet which I should gab bought at their $149 asking price. To my dismay it was gone, as I expected. But..........as I browsed something jumped out at me. A minty Winchester 70 Featherweight Classic in stainless steel with a very nice DARK walnut stock chambered in 6.5x55!

On top of that, literally, was a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 sitting in leupold mounts. The mounts had a little bit of light oxidation but everything else looked to be "AS NEW". After talking to a friend behind the gun counter I was told that the original owner had purchased it there, had them mount the scope, took it home and put it away. Now the owned is in his later years and turning guns into cash.

Needless to say this one came home with me. Perhaps a couple pennies more than I was planning to spend if the Hornet had still been on the shelf but I was VERY happy to find this one. Also, I must say, I was very happy with the price that I paid. Hopefully this rig shoots as well as it looks.

Last edited by MarkFed; 06/14/17.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!