Originally Posted by boliep

While I am a minor leaguer compared to others and especially to Redneck, I have adjusted quite
a number of pre 64 triggers satisfactorily.

My problem here is the binding as the adjustment screws are turned. That was the reason for a
possible change to a replacement trigger.

Boliep, just so you know, I have had to replace a trigger on a 1963 rifle. It was bent in such a way that made it inoperable. One thing I noticed about that trigger was it was not made as structurally sound and seemed hollow in some spots (if that makes any sense). I haven't commented on this thread because I'm with the rest of the guys that are saying the pre 64 is one of the best hunting triggers out there. I've had excellent results with them, all except for one late manufactured trigger. The serial # on that rifle placed it in the last few months of production. If your rifle is of the same era, it may also have one of these crappy triggers. Some may call bs, but this is what I've experienced. If you need to buy another pre 64 trigger and go from there, I'll bet Justin has plenty of good ones (complete units with the sear) in his shop. I have 1, but I save it for a spare that I'll probably never need, but you never know. Good luck with your's and hope this helps...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA