Originally Posted by WvZ
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Great article. Old rifles have a soul! If they could only tell their stories.

Thank you for the note Dave. Indeed, their history is much of their charm! .... WvZ

Great article! As I have added more years to my experience, I have determined that the enjoyment of my time hunting depends more on what I am hunting with and who I am hunting with instead of whether or not I am successful in bagging whatever game I might be after.

Several years ago I bought a Winchester 1894 in 30/30. In the hole in the butt stock was a note from a previous owner with his name and address. I took a chance and wrote the old Gent asking for any information he might be willing to share about the rifle. I let him know that I was using the old rifle to hunt deer with and it was now located in SE Georgia. He replied that he was now in his late 80's, had purchased the rifle in the 1930's and hunted deer in Massachusetts with it most of his adult life. He had only sold it when he was no longer able to hunt. I replaced his note in the hole in the butt stock, added his letter and one of my own.

Some Old rifles can tell their stories. My old Winchester 1894 can and now, so can several more of my rifles...

[Linked Image]

Harry