I haven't read the article yet, I've been busy with other things than guns the last few months but I will as old hunting rifles are very interesting to me.
I have severel rifles in several chamberings but my go to deer rifle is still a 1966 made post 64 Win. Model 70 in .270 Win. Yeah, I know, post 63s are junk with their rattly bolt and varnished pressed checkered stock. But the damn thing shoots like crazy. If you hold your nose while you cycle that rattly old bolt you think it's a pre-64. I was a dumb 18 YO kid when I bought it brand new in 1966. It was the first rifle I ever bought myself and all I'd ever heard or read was how great a model 70 was. I missed the part about 1964. I was so proud of it with its shiny stock and crappy pressed basket weave checkering. But by the time I figured out what I had it had grown on me and I had killed about 10 deer with it. And it killed deer very well thank you. I learned to reload with it and I actually shot it in some informal bench rest meets at our local gun club and won some trophies, this after I pillar bedded it and lightened the trigger pull. Anyway, it's 55 years old now so that should qualify it as an old deer rifle. I love these articles and I love this forum.

Last edited by Filaman; 06/03/21.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!