Last few days really been considering power steering on my quad... but at $750 for a kit I might just upgrade the whole damn thing. A 750 with PS would be nice. Reason being, some of the areas I hunt can be really rocky and a couple times have had the bars yanked out of my hands. Not often, but only a couple times. More importantly, last weekend my dumb ass rolled my damn quad down a hill, with me on it, due to a big root that I completely underestimated. I'd been through this spot quite a few times before, no issue, so didn't think too much of it, and maybe this time I just caught it right - or wrong. Wasn't going fast, wasn't playing around, just didn't think it would have that much force... but as I was going down this small ATV trail I saw it, didn't think too much of it, but damn! Right tire hit the root, kicked my wheels to the left, and didn't have any time or room to try and recover. Was thinking to myself is this really happening? Then had a few choice words in my mind, then ouch...ouch...ouch... where is my quad? As I was going down the hill I looked back up it to see it rolling side over side, then was thinking don't [bleep]!ing roll over me! But it did anyway. Luckily over me and not really on me. Good thing was a tree stopped it from going farther down the hill, and stopped it on its wheels. Hip landed on a fallen tree, damn [bleep] hurt pretty bad. Hobbled my way back up to the trail, cussed and tried to walk it off for a few minutes, then started pulling my winch rope up the hill to a tree, then eventually got back to my truck.

But what I've been wondering about is if power steering would have prevented it. I know slowing down to a crawl would have, but certainly didn't expect or anticipate the wheels to be kicked to the side like that and with no room or time, off I went.

Does power steering make that big of a difference from those who have had both?

Is plenty scratched up, but ordered some parts online and should straighten all back out. Just taking the rack off itself has the plastics almost all the way back to normal. Also ordered that piece that the winch is connected to since it is bent downward on its right side. $305 online, not bad considering it could have been much worse.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]