Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I used my brother's MS when developing a load for his 7mm Rem Mag. I used it to check MV of various charge weights at a consistent OAL. When I found the velocity I wanted without pressure signs I put the MS away and loaded for a depth test. The depth test gave me the OAL for accuracy. I loaded a couple more at that OAL and ran them over the MS to check MV. Simple.

P

Its that reason above I am going Labradar. The using extra components to simply check velocity seems like a waste. Yeah its a drop in the bucket in cost, but more or less the extra time it takes to load and shoot those extra rounds as well. Couple that with less actual velocity data. I more data I get for ES and SD the better and when I am not actually getting my velicties when working up loads for accuracy.

In the scheme of things its not a big deal but I would like my chonograph to read all my shots as I work up loads without affecting accuracy, combine that with it coming loose often when strapped on to the gun (unless you have the sweet rig you got but my shooting benches don't allow for that work work frown ), plus the fact that my current setup (V1 version ) won't work with suppressors mounted and would have to get the $375 version to replace my current one thats on its last legs I am gonna pony up and just get the labradar and be done with it.

Capture every shot suppressed or not, no need to make up separate loads for accuracy checks and velocity checks, and still don't have to get wait for a cease fire at the range to setup like my old Beta Chrony, and it stays in place every shot and no need to adjust between shots.

Was dang close to replacing my current V1 magnetospeed with the V3 but once did the pros and cons for me the Labradar made sense.......but I can justify anything. smile