Originally Posted by tddeangelo
Since Photobucket is being Photobucket, Dirtfarmer, is there any chance of a recap of your setup?

I just found this thread, and I'd be really interested in seeing if your setup is what I'm imagining it to be without seeing pics, lol.

The vast majority of my chrono use is with hunting bolt guns, but I have periodic interest in/need for speeds from things like a PA long rifle flintlock, which I don't think the Sporter can attach to. Or my Glock 40.

I won't do tons of that stuff, but I do need it once in a while.

If there's a way to run the Sporter for those, plus not hang it on the barrel in the first place, I'd be ready to take the plunge.

Edit to add....for those who use the Magnetospeed, I've been mulling over this setup, and do you think this would work......

If I had a piece of round stock steel....1/2" to 1" OD, something in there, and had it D/T'ed to accept the threads/bolt from a tripod shoe, that round stock could be fitted to a tripod shoe, and then the Magnetospeed mounted on the round stock. Then setup the tripod in the appropriate place to put the MS unit under the barrel. What I'm not sure of is if that would put the unit too far from the barrel? And how to make sure the barrel is correctly aligned to the MS unit for proper readings..... but has my wheels turning.

Yeah, I know, I should just pony up for a V3, but if I don't have to.... wink

Regrouped with Imgur.

It takes a long bench for this to work, this one crafted to fit the Z-71 tailgate.

You have to pay attention to the bayonet alignment with the bore.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 08/10/17.