Originally Posted by bangeye
I will just point out that for all the talk about using high BC bullets to pick off big game at long ranges , all the posting of MOA groups shot off a bench etc. I don't recall ever seeing a post where someone mentions I misjudged the wind slightly , or the animal took a step to reach that juicy blade of grass, or I wobbled a fraction of a moa just as I squeezed one off and I ended up shooting it 6" too far back I.e. In the guts and had to chase it all over hells high acre or just lost it period. Not one post I can ever recall so obviously it never happens. Funny it It happens at 150 yds. And my 40 years shooting experience only proves the farther out the more opportunity for it to happen and the bigger that wobble grows. But I've never heard it happening in the long range crowd.I have no doubt there are a handful of people on this site that is a consistsnt shot at 600 yds on game and a few more at the target range maybe you are one of them but for all the posts on this subject here on the fire I'm pretty confident in calling bs on 90% of them. So maybe I should have said for 90-95% of you you need to get closer. Also I won't impose what I believe on you any more than you imposing on me the belief of the higher probability of gut shooting game at long range is acceptable.

I don't recall imposing anything on you sir.