I have a 2013 FJ that I bought new in 2012. It has 120,000 miles on it now and I have no intention of getting rid of it.

It does have a few problems I've had to get used to. One is the windshield seems to crack or chip easily. I'm on my second windshield and have two chips in it now. It is also a killer on bugs....nothing escapes by getting blown over the roof by the wind. I've never seen anything like it. Kills more bugs in a night time drive than Orkin will kill in a month.

The limited view out the windows takes a little getting used to but it wasn't really much of a problem. Mine has a Backup camera which helps with the restricted rear view window and loading a trailer.

In the 2013 version there isn't much room for storage of seldom used larger items I like to carry like jumper cables, folding shovel, rope, etc.

The gas milage is usually 18 or 19 around town and over 21 on the road. The gas tank holds 19 gallons and only 15 show up on the gas gauge. That is a little aggravating but not really a problem. A 25 gallon tank would have been a better size.

I have put this FJ through some very muddy conditions and the 4 wheel drive/locking differentials handled it every time with ease. I've had Many 4 wheel drive trucks and jeeps and I'd put the FJ up against any of them for handling the slick stuff.

Mine doesn't have carpet on the floors, but has rubber mats. I love that feature because clean up is so easy. I wish it was available on other companies trucks.

My plans are to hang on to the FJ and one day buy a daily driver. I'll retire the FJ to use as a hunting/fishing/Saturday utility vehicle only.

[Linked Image]

Harry