Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Mine doesn't have carpet on the floors, but has rubber mats. I love that feature because clean up is so easy. I wish it was available on other companies trucks.
I think much of the reason for carpet is for insulation and noise control. Rubber mats let a lot more sound through. Besides, with carpet, they can sell you rubber mats to put on top of it.

You are probably right, but the FJ is quiet as can be on the road. I just wish that they had built it so that it could be washed out with a hose.

duckster, where I have the most problems seeing is at roads that intersect at angles that are not square. I constantly find my self turning into the crossing road to get more of a 90 deg angle so that I can see both ways down the road. This can be a serious problem that I would not have put on my sons when they were learning to drive. Drive one before buying and try to find a crossing street where you have to look back at your 4:00 to see what is coming. It is not easy, but I'm looking with a neck that is old and has gotten kind of stiff in the last few years.

Harry