I have probably handled and sold more of these AH's than any other FFL; probably 50! This is a steal!
This AH is one of the best handling hunting rifles that Ruger has ever made in the the No.1 Single Shot. They all shoot well. The only thing of interest about this rifle is that many were stocked with Circassian walnut. To me, that is a bonus. If you can't recognize Circassian, send me a pic, or post one here, and I will offer my opinion.There were 3 different runs of these rifles for Lipsey's. the 1st was in the 134-18XXX range. About a year or so later, a smaller number in the 134-20XXX range-all of these that I have seen were Circassian. Later, at about 134-35XXX a few more. All of this group that I have seen had Circassian. I even found one with the Anniversary(or Boddington) checkering and a red Hawkeye recoil pad. I wrote an article on these in the Spring issue of the ROCS Digest for the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society. One of our Members shot a coyote with his 25-06 AH at over 900 yards.

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm