I suppose I am both bias and sentimental, but the VZ-24. Not for technical reasons but it was gifted to me by my Dad when I was 12 For an early Christmas gift. It was my brothers as he wanted something else to play with (guitar IIRC) so dad knew I enjoyed shoothing it (it was a sporterized 30-06 Mauser deal with a Bushnell Banner 3-9 scope on it). Really, really too much rifle for a small person, but, as they say, just sucked it up.

Also received a Lyman spartan press and all the other fixins needed to make proper ammo. He showed me 1 time only how to look up how to make a proper cartridge. Been a reloader ever since. Like the dumb bunny, I traded it for a Rem 870 in high school, back when carrying a scoped high powered rifle barely was noticed going to metal shop. After 20+ years of kicking my self, mostly for sentimental reasons, I tracked down the High School friend and he happing sold it back to me for less than $100. That didn't sit well so I sent him more than $200 and still have it. It will never be sold and I hope to tag another deer or 2 before retiring it. Funny how as one grows older they contemplate whom to leave "heritage" items to when my time is gone. Hope I find someone that might listen to my stories with that rifle. It still has a piece of just the right diameter copper wire in the trigger assembly group , installed just so, to take up the slack of the trigger that rifle. The product of a young budding lifelong mechanical student ... For a 12 year old to get that for Christmas really reinforced that from an early age I was and am still a mechanical geek...

essere sicuro
Elena