Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I bet that not 1 in 1000 pistol owners in America can shoot 1.5" groups at 10 yards. For 1" groups make it 1 in 5000.

You must hang around with a bunch of rooky shooters.

I guess I do. Because shooting a 1" circle at ten yards, five times in a row, is completely out of the question for the overwhelming majority of shooters I see.

It'd be easy enough to figure out. Post up a monthly shooting challenge. Five shots, standing, offhand, all shots have to land completely inside a 2" circle. Touch the edge and you lose. We can use the dot torture target that a lot of people already have. The guys who clean that can shoot the 1" circle. We'll see how many make it that far. Besides you.

I guess I must be one of the chosen ones... smile

I can still do that regularly. Back when I was young, and had youthful eyes, I could shoot them through the same ragged hole at that range.

I remember when the FBI sent a couple of guys to our department to "teach" us how to instruct and train our officers better....

Myself and the other ranger officer for the department took them out to the range and listened to them awhile, then when it was our turn to shoot, we taped bottle caps on the silhouette in the X ring, and took turns shooting the bottle cap out at 25 yards. grin

We were both pretty fair hands with a revolver. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!