Above average mechanic, so with that said "I'm at a loss"

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 (V8)

Few weeks back it started running a bit warmer than normal, OK. Changed the thermostat and ended up replacing the water pump while I was in there for preventative measures. Flushed (coolant still looked good at this point).

Took it for a 40-50 mile drive, little warmer than before but nothing out of the ordinary.

Week before last, took it about a 150 miles and wall was good. Next day on my way home in stop and go traffic for an hour and just as I was starting to get up to speed it started to get warm and than hot. Got pulled over, turned A/C off, heater on and got it home after I had let it cool down a bit. Probably ran 230-240 (not good I know).

Screw it, replaced the thermostat again (just in case). Pulled the radiator and replaced (some scale, but not terrible). Also replaced the clutch fan Should be noted I replaced the module that turns the electric fan on/off.

I've bled the coolant about 3x now. I took it for a drive last night and it started to get a bit past normal, brought it home. Parked it, ran it up on the ramps and bled it again. This AM, just took it out and it's shooting up to about 230-240 again.

I'm at a loss on what to do? Only thing I can think of is there's some air trapped somewhere, but what to do?

I've also replaced the radiator cap.

Wish a f'ing tree would just fall on it. I'll take a bath trading it in and I don't want to sell it to anyone in the condition it's in.

Life is just one damned thing after another